Today I completed the Insanity program. I’ve worked extra hard for the past 63 days, with intense workouts 6 days a week. Here are some things I’ve learned about myself along the way.
1. I would never commit to working out 6 days a week for such a long period of time again… unless by some chance I fell into the obesity category. I’m cool with 3 days a week.
2. It takes my body about 2 weeks to get used to a workout. When the intensity changed for month two, it took another 2 weeks to adjust to that.
3. Being successful at Insanity (or anything in life) isn’t as much about strength as it is about commitment. Committing to working out 6 days a week is a serious commitment. There were many times I wanted to quit, but I was determined to finish. Specifically, the first day of month two, I was DONE! If anyone is doing insanity, that is the hardest workout. It gets a little easier from there. I’m thankful for the person who told me the same. That’s what made me keep going.
4. I found myself unenthused during the recovery week between month one and month two, but that quickly became my favorite workout… Core Cardio & Balance.
5. Whatever you think you can’t do, you can do… and then some.
6. I am most proud of the definition in my abs and the v-cut between my deltoid and biceps.
7. Did I lose weight? No. I increased my calorie intake when I started Insanity so that I wouldn’t lose weight. I believe I lost inches here and there, but I’m not consistent with measuring. The mirror was my guide.
Although I would never do Insanity again (maybe after childbirth), I encourage you guys to try something new… step it up a notch… you just might like it.
Here’s my last day of Insanity happy face!
2 thoughts on “Last Day of Insanity!”
Girl, I definitely give it to you!! You earned your shirt!!!!! There ain’t no way. The infommercials exhaust me (I was watching it yesterday for a few minutes). I did the 2 1/2 hours a day, 6 days a week when I was competing … so, I feel like I got my hardcore out of the way in my 20s. I know that I personally would DREAD working out every day and, right now, that means I wouldn’t do it. Because I’m keeping my work-outs at 30 minutes, I’ve made it through 28 consecutive days … and plan to keep going as long as I can … might be some days I just do 10 or 15 minute Abs, but think I can keep it going another 28 days *fingers crossed* ;). But, again, I give major kudos to everyone who does Insanity, because I can tell it is no joke! So, this is absolutely frickin’ awesome and you rock!! And outties are cute!!! Yours is too:)!!
Girl, yes! No more long workouts for me. I’ll stick with my 30 minute workouts like I did pre-Insanity. I definitely earned my t-shirt. Can’t wait to get it.
As far as your working out goes. Keep going!!!! You’re doing so great!